Safe use and care of your ladder
- Always inspect your ladder prior to using it.
- Do not use a damaged ladder.
- Face the ladder when climbing and working.
- Wear non-slip footwear.
- Use only non-conductive ladders where an electrical hazard exists.
- Do not leave your ladder unattended.
- Store your ladder in a covered location.
- Be aware at all time of other people when using your ladder.
- Using a ladder near a doorway is hazardous, lock, remove or block the door open.
Extension Ladders 4 to 1 rule
- Ensure that the top & bottom of the ladder is secured against slipping.
- Ensure the ladder lock is properly engaged on both rungs.
- Ensure the ladder is extended 1.0 m above the roof line when using it to gain roof access.
- When using long extension ladders, it is best to have an assistant.
- Remember the four in one rule when using extension ladders. The ladder should always be 1.0 m out from the wall for every 4.0 m of vertical height.
- Double-sided step ladders should only be used in the fully open position.
- Ensure the ladder is used on a firm level surface and stable.
- Read the labels and do not stand where the labels say “Do not Stand”.
- Ensure your body is centred between the stiles of the ladder at all times.
- Do not stand on the top of a step ladder.
For any orders with more than 2 ladders per delivery, you can request a special shipping quote.